“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 28 July 2018

Perugia...Orvieto

 Perugia is  a very hilly city...my legs got really tired..if not from cycling, then from being a tourist with visits to Assisi and Orvieto .

 I think the most outstanding feature of the area for Alex and I as cyclists has been the very bad road surface with long wide cracks and large deep  holes to fall in to and with huge lumps of tree root raised bitumen at the edge of the road, occasionally extending well into the centre.,,made downhills  more than somewhat a bit exciting!
Assisi and to me this ..looks a bit non Christian in such a Christian city

Orvieto..so many photo opps

a luxury ??"motorbike", with  4 wheels

loads of interesting benches along the way..naturally I could only take pix of the empty ones!

recycling

yet another bench

16th century well..248 steps down and ditto up
I think I'm a bit over history and ruins etc!  Just as well we have only 6 more days of mixing being a tourist and training.  Today we move to Pitigliano..a hill top town in Tuscany know for it's Jewish community in pre WW2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment