“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Monday 24 June 2019

Mountain weather is dramatic


So yesterday was a bit wet ..what an understatement..it was pretty dramatic actually and so was declared a rest from the bike day....but I had to test my new Garmin (other one died) so  I went out for a 20 min  spin in a dryish spell which sadly and probably predictably  quickly turned into a very wettish spell and I got soaked......despite it only getting really really wet for the final 5 minutes, I was a drowned rat. We even  had to buy some newspapers to stuff in my shoes!

Today  there were blue skies and I went out for a long ride..77km..I was pretty ruined by the end..it's the longest I've done in over a year.  But..any excuse for a pause and so here  are a few pix and since the Giro d'Italia passed through Feltre twice there are naturally  loads of pink pix...(the leader/winner gets to wear a pink jersey).

Palio advert and pink bikes..hope it got on TV!
the things you miss by always travelling in a car

Dolomiti in the background



so many quirky garden decorations..no gnomes though

2km up is where we are staying

just before the steep bit and where I start to falter



near Pedavena..with the famous birreria on the left

kermit rode the giro?




No comments:

Post a Comment