“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Tuesday 26 July 2016

No more mountains!

Trento to Treviso is just a short  trip so we arrived early enough at our 2 bedroomed apartment to settle in and  go shopping before TdF started on the TV.  The apartment was one we used last year and given the humid weather  we experienced  both last year and again this year, made full use of the AC they had in all rooms.

On Tuesday we did a quick return trip to Feltre to pick up some Zipp 202  wheels Alex had ordered online.  He’d seen them at a really good price, thought about it for a day and then when he returned to the page found them reduced even further!

As we knew the area from last year the next days we were out and about putting in flat kms.  For me play time was over and I now had to address speed and cadence issues in my training…ugh, sob!  The rides were about 50, then 70  then 100km long.

treviso trot
Treviso Trot
montello
Montello Meander
follina
Follina Folly
This area during WW1 was the site of many many battles between the armies Italy and the Austro- Hungarian empire and consequently many of the places names are associated with those days and there are many memorials. The River Piave was  critical during that period.




boats like these were strung together to make a floating bridge after the permanent ones had been destroyed 


I wasn't sure if this was a memorial or just a cross

On Friday we picked up my sister from Treviso airport and on Saturday we decamped to Feltre.

No comments:

Post a Comment