“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Urbania

Urbania....the winner of the best flower box competition last year..in with a shot this year?


seems like in small towns there's often a bike sculpture somewhere 
ok so its hot, the roads are cobbled, the town small and my apartment is one roomed, somewhat basic but with  a bathroom and a kitchen it's also centrally located in the old part of the town.  Parking the car is an issue..there is a spot right outside my door but a vigilante in the shape of the neighbourhood nosy vecchia donna has already been aggressive towards me 'cos I don't have the required resident's sticker.  So it's in the public car park and I visit it twice a day to let it know I've not forgotten it(!),...and also to make sure it's still there.....

The morning class was conversation and a test and in the afternoon we were shown around the town and visited the Chiesa dei morti, where there are mummies, skulls galore and a chandelier made  of bones.  Quite fascinating.

Today I  woke up at 5 rather than 2 or 3am  of the previous days.  Then I went for a short ride...all up hill.  It's a bit hard warming up for the effort when first of all you're riding on cobbles and then a rather steep hill...think I'll try a different direction tomorrow!  at least my hill climbing should improve, although TT skills will not.


So its 8.30 and I'm in a cafe where there is free internet...the place is heaving and noisy with many breakfasting on cappuccino and doughnuts...yeeetch!  Better dash for Sculoa I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment