“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 14 August 2011

London calling


Well that’s London done and dusted….and it’s a long time since I’ve done soooo much walking!
Thursday was look at the Olympic velodrome etc from the train, check out a bike shop, get stung by  a wasp and walk, walk walk.
Friday was visit the Millenium Dome (now the O2 dome) to see the Titanic Exhibition…fantastic and well worth a visit if you ever get a chance.  And walk, walk, walk.
Saturday was check out the Olympic TT course and at the same time visit Hampton Court Palace and walk, walk walk…. 
 "shepherds at night".....one of the paintings in Queen Mary's suite of rooms.......black on black?
 say no more!
 Henry VIII's kichen fireplace...big man...big kitchen etc
 Royal walk about..Henry and which one?
HCP was great to visit..we were there for a very long time and didn’t really even get to see the gardens and maze (where Paddington Bear had a few mishaps).
And finally today is sit in the train back to Norfolk and get ready for my long trip tomorrow… down south to Folkestone, through the Eurotunnel to Calais and to Deutschlandsberg in the far south of Austria for racing..nearly into Slovenia actually.  This time I’ve wised up and have booked a hotel in Aachen…August in Europe is not a time to hope to find a reasonably priced hotel room on spec.

No comments:

Post a Comment