“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Monday 8 August 2011

Rural days

Friday and Monday rides...the terrain near Marlborough is undulating to downright steep when you luck out and have to ride the escarpment.
this ride was done late in the afternoon and so I had to be a bit careful at the end of the ride when I was on the A4 due to the rat run home for the weekend.
The circular part of this ride is a triathlon fave.  Riding it their way...ie anticlockwise gives you a 17% DOWNhill hoon....grateful I didn't get conned into going the other way round!

 and of course I wasn't when I took this pix but I just had to stop and take it anyway..with a bit of condensation on the lens methinks.....must have been working hard!

 Standing stones at Avebury....didn't stop as I've "done' Avebury before


I don't normally take pix of road kill...but I've never seen a badger before..dead or alive, there were 2 of them very dead and very close; they are a protected species.

 Yup..definitely in the country!

Doggie land..2 of  my 7  newest best friends (not all in one place!)

No comments:

Post a Comment