“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 19 August 2011

Rest day ride

ah well..riding my treadlie in a dry 40 degrees plus heat is a really dreadful job....not, and I'm glad to be doing it. 
Today's effort was a ride of tomorrow's race course + a bit extra.
the course is ridden clockwise with a nasty 6% pinch and a half near the north west corner and a truly awful 11% drag on the extreme east part of the course.  My race is late in the day and with the TT early the next day, I'll not be expending any more energy than I have to.

Round the course I passed these beauties outside a furniture shop(!)
and they're hoping to sell them to.......?

Finally for this post another sign that really has it all I think...... a veritable double wammy..the result of a Google translate perhaps?


2 comments:

  1. In other words, make sure you front up for your award, otherwise you don't get it :-)))) Certainly looks like a google translation - prehaps your next language should be german. Have fun on the rr, but save a bit for the TT - expect to see success again, after your sprint effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RR was well and truly an epic..abt to post re it

    ReplyDelete