“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 5 February 2012

January...a lost month

Vague health issues have blighted my January and training went down the tubes.
I'm okay now and yesterday raced the Victorian Master Track Champs...500m TT only.

I did 44.052sec which is somewhat better than at the worlds where I rode 44.716secs and is agonisingly close to the World Record of 43.838secs ie .2 second.

A while back I'd planned to go to the Nats in Sydney but last week I decided not to and am sticking to that plan despite the closeness of that result.   I'm now in road mode.

I'd like to thank CA for creating a rule to allow older age group riders to keep on being competitive.  For the timed events we race to a standard...yesterday to get to gold standard I had to be faster than 47 seconds. 

Shirley Amy and I are singleton racers in WMAS 7 and 8 respectively and yesterday we both earned our gold medals.  Standing on the podium with her is always a priviledge and together we represent 12 rainbow jerseys and 4 current world records!!!

Today's recovery ride was up the 1 in 20.  Yesterday I sold my Mavic Comete and IO wheels so now I'm off for some retail therapy...a compact camera, a torque wrench and torx bolts followed by  a new TT bike.  Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment