“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Monday 2 April 2012

April Fool's Day, the end of Daylight saving and the first day of RH2BE challenge




Once again we have confused cats in the house asking to be fed at a time they KNOW is right, once again we have an extra hour's sleep and once again we have to remember to change the batteries in the smoke detectors.

We also (up until midday) have to beware of silly tricks and take all weird media reports with a grain of salt.

After a post bike set up ride  of my TT bike on Saturday, I needed to get out on the road bike for a 60km sufferfest.  Originally I was due to race the final Coburg TT at Cottles Bridge, but a slow recovery from the previous w/e put that out of the question.  Ahhh.the trials of ageing are many.....slow recovery being but one.

So my April Fools day ride was an Olympic rings type ride..meandering around Mooroolbark, where I rediscovered many, many very nasty little pinches which is exactly what I needed. 

The idea of this ride was to seek out 5 x 500m uphill efforts and attack them rather than grind through them...and I found plenty.....

April is a great month for a challenge... and this time it's for a cause close to my heart..that of Ride Hard to Breathe Easy..close to my heart for 2 reasons, firstly I knew Karen Munro, the creator of the cause and secondly as a Physiotherapist I have long been involved in treating people with chest diseases.


Please visit the Strava page and if you are a cyclist or runner,  join the challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment