“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 6 April 2012

A slow drive to Maryborough for an orgy of racing

Even leaving work at 4pm didn't mean I got a good trip out here..with all the lemmings in Melbourne sharing the road with me the trip was slooooow, slower and slowest; and driving west into the setting sun ain't too flash either.

 The red flag is Maryborough's location.
My cabin at the Golden country Caravan Park has 1 interesting characteristic...the toilet/shower/basin is separate from the cabin itself ie it's not actually ensuite.  It's a small detached building just outside the cabin door  and is locked AND has a strip light that is exceptionally slow in starting up, all of which caused me a bit of concern on arrival last night!....3 keys to chose from, pitch dark and  no idea where in the room the toilet was.......got the picture?

Easter weekend...a road race today, 300m straight line sprint and TT on Saturday and a crit on Sunday comprises the Easter carnival at Maryborough, but then I have a 20km TT on Monday too!  Stupid?  yup! Fingers crossed for good weather and that the weather forecast has it wrong, rising winds and a thunderstorm isn't exactly what I fancy for today's road race.

Actually I'll probably end up not racing the crit if the published start time for my race is correct.  Previous years we were first up which was the reason I put my name down for that particular race...race early, leave early..get back home and rest up for Monday's race, however racing at midday is a less attractive alternative plus it says the race is for  60+ and with only 3 of us......'nuff  said.


No comments:

Post a Comment