“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Castel Gandolfo earthquake


 Soooo.... about 1/3 the way from where I'm going to be in 2 days time (Velletri) to Rome is a town called Castel Gondolfo  and I've just read that this is not only where  the Pope has his summer residence but it's also where the latest Italian earthquake (yesterday) had it's epicentre.

Castel Gondolfo...I just hope I can ride AND look at the views!


So to answer the question I've been asked a few times lately ..."are you excited"..   hmm  perhaps more worried than excited!

Apparently the locale is called the Castelli Romani area...so I can envisage I'm going to be spending  a bit of time  exploring it and if you check a couple of posts back you'll find a proposed bike ride going right through that area...a ride proposal made in total ignorance of what the area had to offer.

As a bit of research prior to my trip I've been delving into ancient Roman history and have discovered THE most fantastic podcast called "The History of Rome" by Mike Duncan..free, gratis and for nothing at iTunes.  Highly recommended.

2 more sleeps
2 more rides
and a bit of packing

woo! hoo!...out of wet cold and thoroughly miserable weather into hot, sticky, uncomfortably  humid weather, mozzies and earthquakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment