“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 18 July 2015

Canazei days 2, 3 and 4

Being totally stuffed  from Sunday's ride I opted to go for an easy rest day ramble
..I set a time of 40 minutes out on the way to Passo Fedaia while Tabatha, keen to get another long ride in before she departs on Wednesday went with Alex on  what we had thought was a doable ride where it would also be possible to see a spectacular waterfall that was in shown   in the vid of one of the stages of the giro a few years ago.

My ride was good...theirs was terrible...much much harder than the articles we'd read and the special road near the waterfall was closed to all but walkers.

Tuesday:

Tabatha was cooked and opted not to ride ...played tourist and packed her bike instead.
 Alex and I drove to Predazzo and climbed the Passo Rolle:


I just went up, Alex went over the top and did the final hairpin bends on the far side.  Both of us needed the ride but not too hard!

Gino Bartali monument at the top


Wednesday:
We waved Tabatha farewell on the bus to Bolzano from where she went by bus to Munich and so eventually home.

Alex rode to the Passo Sella while I rode from Canazei to the Passo San Pellegrino:







That evening there was THE most heavy downpour of hail...dramatic.  2nd hail storm of the hols and no chance this time to save the car from damage.

Next day..rest day


No comments:

Post a Comment