“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Venice and other things



Sooo…Venice.  Both Tabatha and I have been there before, so a visit to the tourist sights wasn’t on the menu.  Instead we both wanted to buy some glass from the island of Murano and Tabatha wanted to buy some masks.  The day was hot and humid and our time in Venice and Murano was interrupted at regular intervals by drink stops.  










We watched some glass blowing…although no actual glass blowing took place as they were making parts for a chandelier...


We were interested in the varying attitudes of the staff of each shop..they must get very fed up of tourists touching  the glass despite the signs telling them not to.  Having bought what we wanted and we moved on to a mask shop.  About 2 hours later we escaped with Tabatha loaded down with a grand haul.

Yet another thunderstorm finished the day and today we had another...but this time it impacted on our riding.  I was tired so opted to have a short flat ride..Tabatha decided to go into the mountains..not the smartest move given the weather, but......

Gardeners look after their flowers dont they!

No comments:

Post a Comment