“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 4 July 2015

Veneto

There will always be fantastic scenery here in Italy but there are also somewhat different things to see which is what usually catches my eye.

So here is the landscape pix...this was  from yesterdays' ride in Prosecco country with vineyards as far as the eye could see.

Rides so far...we are in a house part way up to the Passo Croce D'Aune , so it figured that we would do that ride fairly early on ...which we did and were hooning down the other side when I had a font wheel blow out...the explosive sort.  Luckily I was on a straight stretch of road..but that was the end of the luck as 2 more tubes later and I started my walk back.  The problem lay with the rim tape which had moved ......

Our next ride was to conquer the Passo San Boldo ...check it out on Google..if you dont know the history it is somewhat special.  As you ride up the valley you see this incredible vertical cliff ahead and know that is where the tunnels start.  Worst gradient is 12% and it was hot and humid for the latter part of the ride...100km +

Today's ride was to be easier..and turned out to be 70+km with less climbing...Cesiomaggiore, Sospirolo and Valle del Mis.  QOTD was..after a bit of a steep heave " these flat bits still have a bit of a bite in the legs, dont they?  Me:  you mean this bit that is 7.3% flat?"

Tomorrow it's to be even easier as I'm starting to get REALLY tired



1 comment:

  1. Liz! Glad you finally got to do Valle de Mis. Did you go all the way around? Are you putting it on strava? I can't find anything there.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete