“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 19 July 2015

final day at Canazei and over to Cortina

Friday's ride for me was up to the top of the Fedaia and then out to Moena while Alex rode the Karenpass,seen on the left of the map.



After that it was a question of gradually packing up and eating as much as we could of the food in the fridge.  Yet again there was a huge thunderstorm late in the day (after the end of the TdF broadcast!) and this time I got well and truly caught in it after doing some shopping.

Saturday is change over day and so there was a prolonged period of cleaning to ensure the apartment was cleaner than when we arrived...and that was no real challenge! followed by retrieval of the 200 euro bond and the drive over to Cortina to our beautiful apartment there.



We were here last year and loved it.  Plenty of space 3 bedrooms, free wifi, food in the cupboards, toiletries such  a luxury.

Later in the day we met Lorraine off the Dolomiti bus from Venice airport and sadly later on she discovered damage to her left levers..SRAM so probably not fixable here..more anon after a visit to the local bike shop for either a fix, a change to Shimano lever and derailleur or a loaner bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment