“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 21 July 2019

Cortina sulla strada del vino..pixI

not only vineyards but also apple orchards..in fact they say that 1 out of every 12 apples eaten in Europe comes from this area.

The area was fantastic for training..a mix of dead flat roads with a tail or head wind on the valley floor, undulating roads further up the side of the valley and a pass or two for really long climbs.  Gunna hafta return.  Our hotel was great, not too expensive with only 1 issue...there was only 1 mains socket which was occupied by the TV and we were a bit hampered by the lack of adaptors.  The one in the bathroom only worked when the light was on....??

I saw a few of these...must be a chain of cafes

I gave in to temptation twice..doh!

!!

I'm not a fan of traminer, but ..when in Rome etc


aqua potabile in every village


beautiful mix of flat and hilly landscape


sadly I didn't get to try this one, they didn't have it in our hotel

Magre'/ Magried pity the cars were there


more speccy scenery




Castello Salorno

Castello Salorno

poster of Castello Salorno

Rehearsal for the qualification round for Miss Italy...where we were staying...doh!

beer cooling for the evening

food for the spectators

No comments:

Post a Comment