“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 3 July 2019

Castello Cabiaglio

Our journey here was uneventful until we got to the Famila supermarket at Varese  and then this happened (copied from my post on Facebook)

Drama report!: culprit......me. 
I was driving down a ramp into a supermarket's car park and was *perhaps* 😉 following the car in front just a leeetle bit too closely and so didn't realise that I'd missed the supermarket's car park entrance and was driving into a private car park... Oooops! 
I did a quick reverse but a barrier had gone down behind us and then a locked gate slid into place in front of us! We were trapped! 
Panic..what to do??!! the 2 options were...either wait for another car to enter the private car park, thereby opening the barrier for us ...but hey, that could be a loooong wait or go and get help from the supermarket people. 
Well...belts and braces...we did both (just as well I speak a bit of Italian eh!) and finally, probably 30 minutes later we were let out of prison..both by another car tripping the barrier and also by the supermarket people finding a key.......for my next trick?

what a riot!..a bit angst making at the time...how long would we have to wait...so lucky there were 2 of us..so glad I could explain my plight to the non-English speaking security guard ....but afterwards..v funny.

Our apartment is on the 3rd floor so there was much climbing of stairs with a mega amount of gear and of course getting the bikes up and downstairs before and after each ride..but it's all good for fitness....I guess!

No apartment is perfect...well not quite true..there have been 2..one in Cortina d'Ampezzo and 1 in Feltre but this one has an unusual problem..great set up with his and hers basins...but..gets a bit hard putting the contact lens in....!






The differences between Veneto and here with regard to garden furniture is very obvious to me...where are the carved wooden animals, the scarecrows, the other things I so happily stop to record in Veneto????....nothing, nothing nothing.  However here are 2 pix from yesterday's ride:


that was a bit of a surprise..very busy road so no close up
great name!

No comments:

Post a Comment