“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Tuesday 30 July 2019

from Bressanone/Brixen to Colfosco/Calfosch/Kolfuschg via Brunico/Bruneck

We had a very short journey from Bressanone to Colfosco so stopped for a while at Brunico to shop at the supermarket and to climb up to the castle there.  I baulked at an 11 euro each entrance fee and so we didn't go inside.

Brunico from the castle hill 
We've had a few thunderstorms for the past few weeks but have only lost 1 day's  ride due to weather and that was yesterday..it stopped late in the day so in order to at least get some exercise,  I walked the  2km downhill (++) to Corvara to spend some money on clothes....the post shopping spree 2km uphill heave caused me to have very sore calf muscles. I bought 2 shirts, 3 prs of socks and 1 pr of cycling gloves.   We've been trying to find an espresso cup  representative of the area to add to Alex's collection with no luck at all despite the incredible amount of souvenir shops here.

Our apartment here in Colfosco is really weird...it's on 2 levels..on entering you have a small kitchen on your left.. complete with a table, the stairs are straight in front of you, with enough room to park 2 bikes in the space underneath.  Then upstairs there are 2 bedrooms, bathroom and a large lounge with table, settees, TV and a balcony.  We cook and eat our evening meal in the kitchen but have brekky upstairs  perilously carrying coffee and cereal up the stairs...as that's where our computer is(!).  Only downside is that the shower is in the bath...but at least we're not on the third floor/41 steps (Castello Cabiaglio) this time or with an impossible  bike climb to get to it (Bressanone) 😉


Proof I rode the passo campolongo

Yup..it's Corvara

Alex and Liz??
seen at Brunico/Bruneck

really...?? a bacon museum!!

Now this is a tree that was determined to thrive
Brunico again!


No comments:

Post a Comment