“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 5 July 2019

Lombardia to Trentino

Our holidays to date have been .....eating,  sleeping, training (and for Alex cough cough coughing) and dramas!

#1 drama was getting trapped between a barrier and locked gate..see previous post
#2 drama was finding ourselves homeless see below copied from my FB page:

"today I emailed our next destination to find out what time to arrive and discovered to my horror.....that our booking had been cancelled some time ago by the host..although neither I nor booking.com knew .....no email,nothing.. 🙃. A few urgent phone calls and internet searches later and despite the last minute dash and the busy season thankfully we are now booked into an apartment on the other side of Trento in Levico Terme..phew!😅...E..nuf"


Of note is that she claims there was an "overbooking" issue but that hardly rings true as I made my booking in September last year!


Luigi Ganna..1st Giro d'Italia winner and Alfredo Binda multi winner..both born locally


Swiss border

Svizzera


can this learner driver sign get any bigger..does it block some rear vision?



unusually a bit of flat road!
 Castello Cabiaglio...685 residents, 3 (!) churches , 1 bar/cafe, 1 restaurant, 1 holiday rental apartment block, 1 BnB but no castle.  Many varied rides in the area..flattish, steep to very steep, undulating etc etc and a great place to stay out of Varese city, which  for me is a place to avoid.  It's also close to the AIS Europe centre and apparently Mitchelton Scott's  headquarters


No comments:

Post a Comment