“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Thursday 9 August 2012

Easing off time ahead of a week of races

So yesterday was a day off the bike and today was a "Ride the valleys" day...tomorrow will prob be more of the same and with the dscovery of a flattish circuit there might be a few speedy moments a-happening.

Previous bike holidays/times in Italy have left me in awe of the skill of Italian drivers...narrow roads, mountains, parking in non existant parkng places etc, but 3 times this last week I've been given cause to change my mind...all 3 times by truck drivers.

Today was yet another time when I had the opportunity to demonstrate  my incredible (!) bike handling skills as, with a brick wall one one side and a truck very close on the other, I hovered on the edge of a spill.  No scars on the wall side arm and I still have the hairs on my  truck side forearm, so nothing to show for it...thankfully.

Tomorrow..no main roads for me on my last ride in the area for this year.  Friday after classes will be the start of a 5 hour drive to Deutschlandsberg where I hve the following race program...+/-..may not do them all:  Sat..miss and out crit, Sunday RR,Monday 300m sprint, Tuesday rest day, Wednesday 2 up TT, Thursday hill climb, Friday RR, Saturday TT
Then Sunday drive to St Johan in Tirol for a weeks rest, recreation and training bfore racing the RR and TT there.

No comments:

Post a Comment