“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 19 August 2012

Racing Again

So after 4 days of feeling "off" and not being able to stray too far from the bathroom, I'm back "racing" again.

Today's race was the ¬20km TT..Since I'm a tad low on energy (although probably a few kgs lighter too) my aim was just to take it as a fast training session. I felt ok until about 5km from the finish when the lights flickered and threatened to go out completely. 200-300m later and a timely downhill allowed me to re-engage and at least finish looking as though I was working hard(!). I was 3rd.  There were >400 racers today...only 8 in my class though.

The weather today was perfect..no wind, mid 20's. I'm holding my breath for the next fortnight's weather as it's been super for 5 weeks now....can it keep being so good???....pretty please.

This week here in Deutschlandsberg
YES! & then Nooooooo!
Next week in Sankt Johan in Tirol



Tomorrow's ride is the 63km Radmaraton which is a first for me as normally I'm hurrying up to Sankt Johan immediately after the TT..more on this next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment