“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Monday 20 August 2012

The Radmaraton

Fantastic weather, a well policed course and about 800-900 riders.....incredible.





My course was 63km and since I started off at the back, I spent the first 2km overtaking all those struggling on the first of only 2 really challenging hils (actually not too challenging, but there were alot of town bikes on the road.

Someone crashed behind me, so I stayed with her until the ambulance arrived and then proceeded to  overtake everyone all over again!  I had a ball..at one time I realised I  had developed a tail and after a while one of the tail took over the lead and from then one I was drafting.  There were 2 feed stations but I didn't stop..I'm not sure food is a necessity on a 60km ride!

So that's the end of racing here in Deutschlandsberg both this year and forever since next year the Weltradsportwoche moves to Hartberg which is about 100km further north.

I'm here for another 3 days and with great weather forecasted will spent alot of it training however my main task is to try not to put back on the weight i lost due to the gastro!

No comments:

Post a Comment