“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Thursday 2 August 2012

Getting used to hills

.no chance of not getting used to them here!

Yesterdays ride was a serious type training effort intervals, hill efforts etc:

from Feltre to Valdobbidene.

Consequently today's ride was more touristy than serious training, but since it's impossible to avoid hills.........and when you take the wrong road and then go half way round the Dolomites to get there,,,,,,,I think it  was an 80 minute uphill slog to get there and about 15 minutes to get home (the short more direct way).


My destination was the Historical Bike Museum and my total favourite exhibit was the military bike complete with sword, which gave me a mental picture of soldiers busily spinning while wildly swinging and cutting










and finally some statues are there for obvious reasons...others........???






re the olympics as seen by Italians...I'm now a reluctant expert in fencing and synchronised diving!

No comments:

Post a Comment