“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Monday 13 August 2012

Some things you just gotta have..no matter what you have to do to get them

and this cute old skool back pack plus it old's skool drinking bottle falls into that category.

And what did I have to do to get it???...well I could either buy it for 40 euros, or I could enter the marthon for 40 euros OR since I'd already entered the weeks races en bloc, I could enter the marathon for an added 20 euros. DONE!

 So on Sunday, before driving up to Sankt Johan in Tirol,I'm riding the Radmaraton. Choices were 22km, 63km or 90km. I chose 63km and will make it a relaxed 3hour ride..no stress. The parcours mentions the word "flat"..but this IS Austria and I've learned their concept of "flat" is not quite the same as mine!

 Just goes to show where the money is though...the back pack waas stuffed full of goodies..food, wine, soft drinks, commemorative pen knife and with a promise of a 20,000 euro raffle after the ride......


Sprint day today...first up effort at 0925 and if in the top 4 another blast at 1700.  For the sceptics, what with 2 fourth placings so far,  I guess I should mention that actually there are more than 4 of us in my age grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment