“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 17 August 2012

Change of plans



RACING

Unusually for me I've managed to get in the way of a virus and so have spent rather lot of time over the last 3 days feeling a bit off. I felt really crap on Tuesday, raced the pairs TT on Wedneday at less than 100% and since then have spent rather alot of time fast asleep and with no appetite whatsoever. I never intended racing the hill climb today and now will also skip the road race tomorrow. The Saturday TT remains a hope..sort of depends on how much I improve tomorrow.

ACCOMMODATION

 I thought my plans to move over to St Johann on Sunday were set in concrete, so it came as a bit of surprise to discover I wasn't expected until Thursday! Luckily I can stay here for the extra days, so no real drama.  For the first time I'll get some time to explore this area as a tourist, rather than as a racer.

Today I went to see a Roman Village close by here but was mightily disappointed...I expected more but just got to see some photos, a few bits of pottery, a couple of walls and this, whatever it is:






No comments:

Post a Comment