“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Thursday 6 October 2011

I have a drinking problem!..and now I have your attention!

yup, and although this is being typed with a glass of Merlot to hand, it's not an alcohol issue I'm talking about ..it's a general hydration issue.

I seem to lack the trigger that tells me to drink and on a normal day, after my brekky coffee or 2 have often gone the whole day before I remember I'm s'posed to drink.

This being the case, before racing a Time Trial when I don't carry a bottle, for about 3 hours prior to my start I have my countdown watch set to have a drink every 10 minutes. 

I've even been known to do the same during a long race, when the stress of racing means drinking sometimes takes a back seat. 

If I end up having kidney issues..this is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment