“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Monday 24 October 2011

Sunday in Firenze - "exploration by foot day" Part 1

We were extremely grateful that the weekend's weather was clement, since the thought of spending alot of time in our room in the apartment was not a good one.  Actually, had it been wet, I would have hired a car and gone out of town.  In the event the weather was good and while my sister went to Fiesole, I opted to go on a 6 hour walking tour of parts of the city I'd not yet explored.

I got the camera in action early on but realised I'd left the SD card in the lap top and so the early pix were saved to the camera's memory and are only accessible when I get home.  I eventually found a place to buy  a new one.

Statues
This was in front of a fort in the vicinity of the main station..not sure why or what.

Same as above..located in the private area of a government building
 The following statues are located in a rose garden just below the Piazzale Michelangelo.  I'd walked past this locale many times when I was here with the bike tour and never once noticed it.

Lots of really quirky statues..a lovely spot.....quiet too.



No...this is not a trompe d'oeil....the statue is the frame of the case, the rocks and the ship...the rest is space through which you see......Firenze.

I think I'm going to have to make time to go there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment