“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 23 October 2011

One week down and 1 to go

Well that's one week of language school in Firenze finished and only one more to go.  Since it seems to take me a week to get my mouth around speaking Italian, I think in future a longer period is probably better for me.

What to do during the free weekend?  The school has organised a trip to nearby Lucca on Saturday, which we're both going to and on Sunday we separate with my sister going to Fiesole (a part  of Florence about 6km from the centre with ruins of an ancient Etruscan town, Roman baths theatre etc etc) while I will walk miles exploring the part of Florence south of the river....it used to be the wrong side until the Medici family bought a property there. There's only so many ruins i can gaze at before my mind shuts up shop...a result of being bored out of my tiny brain while being dragged, protesting, around Roman walls and ruins while very young...and we have the pix to prove how bored I was!

 Ponte Vecchio...the top part comprised a private walkway for the Medici family so they didn't have to mix with the hoi polloi

One of the many bits of iron scattered all around walls of the city...just incase you need to tie up your horse.....or whatever this particular animal is!!


No comments:

Post a Comment