“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 15 October 2011

World Masters Track Championships done and dusted

To the house's  list of successes we have to add 3 more PB's (Bonnie, Marita, Ray), 2 bronze medals (Donna & Bonnie) and another world best time (Bonnie).  Wow!  what a star studded cast!  Linkie thing here..a better site than the official one

Bonnie and I went into the TT both hoping to get a World Record and Bonnie did a blinder of a first lap to grab the prize.  Her first lap time was  over 1 second faster than mine; she was 2nd fastest in the group, whereas I was 5th fastest and although she faded in the 2nd lap (5th fastest to my 3rd fastest) she'd done the work . Chapeau!

Donna did the biz in her TT, Marita and Ray got PB's and while not a PB, my TT was better than  recent efforts.

When sorting out things for the TT I discovered that I had inadvertently put the 14 cog on the disc wheel which meant I'd been riding a 52/14 instead of a 52/15  ie 100.3 instead of 93.6 gear inches.....which  at least explains the slower than normal first lap ..!  I'd previously discovered that for that same race I'd put my head stem on the wrong way round and so, while still legal, I was less aero than usual hmmmm!  think I need a minder ;-). 

I'm hoping enough (older) women complain to the UCI via their federations about the rules for our classes 'cos I predict that next year unless something is done the oldest lady will be a 54 year old.  however I'm not holding my breath since many people agree at the time but then do nothing. Actually it doesn't have to be just the older women since this situation will perpetuate and will eventually effect those who are currently in W50 and younger. I've already asked CA and will do so again.

So that's it for the cycling leg of this vacation..tourist stuff today and then off to Florence to learn more Italian.   My major events for this track season are:....Metro champs on 26/11, State Masters early Feb and Nationals late Feb. during which I will be attempting to lower both my TT and Pursuit times

No comments:

Post a Comment