“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 17 August 2013

Hartberg Austria

Each place/town region/location you race in makes an effort to show off it's good points.  Hartberg doesn't strike me as a "sin city" at all...but as a German speaking friend of mine pointed out Sinne=senses.  soooo boring!

The welcome bag included the above offering + an apple and a can of Red bull!...oh and a rather large ball of Austrian chocolate complete with a pix of Mozart on the silver paper...so far I've managed to steer clear of all offerings.  At least it's not as bad as the WMG where I discovered a (in)continence pad in my welcome bag!!!!!

Yesterday's prologue beat the somewhat shambolic WMG races by a country mile...there were chip timing problems and the race, slated to start latish in the evening, started 1 hour late and was cancelled half way through when it became too dark.  By the time the race started I was well and truly over it and started the 1.4km race as though it was a 500m track time trial and died somewhere along the way!...took ~2minutes.  I was the last female starter and the first male rider, starting 30 s after me overtook me on the narrow tight last corner....crazy organisation and truly lacking in thought.

Hopefully the tough road race today wont be another disaster as that would completely kill off the event for future years since there are already some really pissed off cyclists.


2 comments:

  1. Don't these people want to put on races next year!!!!! I didn't think things could get any worse after the WMG - so wrong by the sounds of things!!!!! Did they get any results up or if they cancelled it half way through, are they not going to bother!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. still waiting for details although yellow jerseys were awarded to the fastest of those grades that did get away.

    ReplyDelete