“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Monday 12 August 2013

Sunday's ride

today's ride had a dual purpose...get some kms into my legs and find a laundrette!  handwashing isn't good for weeks on end...at least not at our skill level!

I was told to forget about hills for a while, but that is really hard to do here.  However there was no real reason for me to attack the hill near Anzu..except for the fact that I had failed before and wanted to see how I'd go  "right now!"..I did it..thankfully..now I dont have to return there.  It's a nasty little climb peaking at 16% that goes up to a church, so I was accompanied on the way up by cars full of people going to mass and politely beeping their horns as they approached the blind hair pin bends...something I was grateful for on the way down.

The rest of the ride was going over old territory and I did manage to find 2 laundries,although the one at Anzu I think was not quite what we wanted. The one at Cesiomaggiore fit the bill...open from 0700 to 2000 and with drying too.  I rewarded myself with a tiramisu ice cream at Santa Giustina and also located the bike shop there.  A truly great ride.  Home again I quickly fell into nanna nap mode and have whiled away the hours since then prior to joining the other students at the welcome meal.

Feltre, like Sankt Johann, is a sort of second home.

No comments:

Post a Comment